Power vs. Perception: Ten Critical Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Leadership
Who do you think of when you think of an effective leader?
- What are the characteristics that he or she possesses?
- What are some of the things that he or she does or does not do that makes you think of them as an effective leader?
In Power vs. Perception the Ten Critical Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Leadership these characteristics are identified and explored.
As a high-powered business leader, it is your job to empower the team members in your organization. However, when you're at the top, where the buck stops, there's nobody who is going to take on the job to empower you, so it's your job to empower yourself.
This customized program provides a clear overview of the behaviors an effective leader needs to master and emulate in attaining self-empowerment for business and organizational success.
Improve Bottom-Line Results!
With the focus on overcoming business and organizational challenges to improve bottom-line results, instruction is provided on the skills needed for developing business strategy, vision, mission, and performance/supervisory management.
Communicate: Build High-Performing Teams:
Additionally participants will learn and practice effective interpersonal communications skills such as assertiveness, active/empathic listening, conflict management and teambuilding; the mastery of which is a critical component in high-performing, successful teams.
Upon completion of this program participants will be able to:
- Understand and describe the characteristics of an effective leader
- Understand the difference between:
- a boss and a leader
- a leader and a tyrant
- a manager and a leader
- Describe the types of power bestowed upon individuals and how they are perceived in society and organizations
- Understand the behaviors associated with the Ten Characteristics of Self-Empowerment as presented in the Resiliency Hourglass Model and how to develop the behavorial skills associated with each
- Learn and practice specific self-empowering behaviors such as effective communications skills, listening, assertiveness, conflict management and teambuilding
- Determine which areas he or she needs development in for their professional self-empowerment and create action plans for the development of these skills and characteristics.
This program is designed for business owners, managers and middle to senior-level executives. Course length and pricing varies based upon customized, client-specific needs and analysis.
Contact us for more information regarding scheduling and pricing.
These concepts are adapted from the book Power vs. Perception: Ten Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Women.