Power vs. Perception: Ten Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Women
Who Do You Think of When You Think of a Powerful Woman?
- What are some of the things you think of when you think of a powerful woman?
- What characteristics do they possess?
- What are the things that they do or do not do that makes you think of them?
Power vs. Perception: Ten Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Women is a specialized, custom program that focuses on the characteristics that are critical for a woman's leadership success in business today and provides tools to aid in their development.
As a high-powered woman business leader, you may find yourself facing challenges in your organization that are unique to being a woman. However, when you're the leader, it can be frustrating determining whether the issue is based upon the issue at hand or negative stereotypes.
Develop Your Power!
This customized program, based on the book Power vs. Perception: Ten Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Women provides a clear overview and instructions for the behaviors an effective woman business leader needs to master and emulate in attaining self-empowerment for business and organizational success. It provides a review of some of the challenges powerful women encounter on a daily basis as they exert their power or authority
Master Your Power!
Instruction is provided on the skills needed for developing business strategy, vision, mission, performance/supervisory management, effective communications and team building with a focus on overcoming business challenges and improving bottom line results.
Upon Completion of This Program Participants will be Able to:
- Understand and describe the characteristics of an effective leader and how it is percceived in women
- Describe the types of power bestowed upon individuals and how it is perceived in society and organizations
- Recognize some of the negative stereotypes that are projected onto women both in organizations and in society as a whole
- Understand the behaviors associated with the Ten Characteristics of Self-Empowerment as presented in the Resiliency Hourglass Model
- Learn and practice self-empowering behaviors such as effective communications skills, listening, assertiveness, conflict management and team building
- Determine which areas need development and create action plans for individual self-empowerment.
Please note: This program is designed for middle to senior-level executives, managers, business owners and can be customized for the support staff audience. Course length and pricing varies based upon customization and client-specifics needs and analysis.
Contact us for more information regarding scheduling and pricing.